We are dedicated to a single purpose: empowering veterans to lead high-quality lives with respect and dignity. We accomplish this by ensuring that veterans and their families can access the full range of benefits available to them; fighting for the interests of America's injured heroes on Capitol Hill; and educating the public about the great sacrifices and needs of veterans transitioning back to civilian life.
This mission is carried forward by:
- Providing free, professional assistance to veterans and their families in obtaining benefits and services earned through military service and provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and other agencies of government;
- Providing outreach concerning its program services to the American people generally, and to disabled veterans and their families specifically;
- Representing the interests of disabled veterans, their families, their widowed spouses and their orphans before Congress, the White House and the Judicial Branch, as well as state and local government;
- Extending DAV’s mission of hope into the communities where these veterans and their families live through a network of state-level Departments and local Chapters; and
- Providing a structure through which disabled veterans can express their compassion for their fellow veterans through a variety of volunteer programs.
Who is Eligible to Join DAV?
Any man or woman, who was wounded, gassed, injured or disabled in the line of duty during time of war, while in the service of either the military or naval forces of the United States of America, and who has not been dishonorably discharged or separated from such service, or who may still be in active service in the armed forces of the United States of America is eligible for membership in Disabled American Veterans (DAV). Others who are disabled while serving with any of the armed forces of any nations associated with the United States of America as allies during any of its war periods, who are American citizens and who are honorably discharged, are also eligible.
How Does DAV Membership Benefit You?
As a DAV Member, in addition to DAV programs and services, members are entitled to Member Advantages, which gives you access to a variety of important programs, products, and services. Also included with your membership is a FREE subscription to DAV Magazine.
What is DAV's Dues Structure?
Life membership is permanent. Life membership dues are $300 and can be paid in interest-free installments following a minimum $40.00 down payment, or as little as $10.00 per month with recurring credit card payment. Those 80 and over are free.
Help DAV in its effort to help you. Sign up for membership today! To sign up for membership - Complete an Online Membership Application or print out the Membership Application, fill it out, enclose your membership payment, and mail it in right away to:
Attn: Membership Department
PO BOX 145550
Cincinnati, OH 45250